Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications

Last week we researched two careers out of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications. The two carrers I choose were film and video editors and set exhibit designers. Film and video editors edit moving images on film, video, or other media. They may edit or synchronize soundtracks with images. The tasks they have to be able to do are to organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or the instructions of directors and oreducers. They also have to review and assemble films or edited videotapes on screens to determine if corrections are necessary. To be a film and video editor you have to know about communications and media, computers and electronics, production and reasoning, english language, and customer and personal service. A film and video editor needs at least a Bachelor's Degree in school. The hourly pay is $24.66 and the annual pay for California is $81,800. I think this job would not be a good fit for me becuase I cannot stare at a sceen for too long becuase I get bored easily and my eyes start to hurt. The next carrer I choose was a set and exhibit designer. They design special exhibits in movie, television, and theater sets. They also study scripts, confer with directors, and conduct research to determine appropiate architectural styles. Some taskes for this job include examining objects to be included in exhibits in order to plan where and how to display them. They plan for location issues such as space limitations, traffic flow patterns, and saftey concerns. To be a set and exhibit desinger you must know about design, fine arts, administration, comunications and media, and computers and electronics. The minimum education required is a Bachelor's Degree. The hourly pay is $24.18 and the annual for California was $58,400. I think a set and exhibit desinger fits my personality more because I like the elements of design and I think it would be a fun and exciting carrer to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment