Thursday, October 10, 2013

Learning Styles

In my career exploration class we recently took a survey on Carrer Crusing. This survey, or assessment, told us what our learning style is. After I finished my assessment I found out my learning style, or how I learn the best, and my results wer tactile. Tactile means that I learn the best with hands-on-activities. This means many differnt things to me. This means to me that I'd rather have a teacher or instructor let me experiment with my hands and get to mkae things instead of just listening or watching someone. Being tactile also impacts my learning. When I go into class and all teachers do is talk or lecture us about a topic I tend to zone out. No matter how hard I try I can't keep my focus on them no matter how hard I try. This could result in me getting bad grades on my homework assignments, test grades, and to some extremes, even on my report card. One positive impact though can be when teachers do provide with tactile activities. This is one of the best possible outcomes for me. I actually can understand what the teacher is saying and I get to experiment and use my hands to help me. There are a few ways I can use this learning style to make things easier in high school and beyond. One way is now that I know I'm a tactile learning I can start looking at what classes I want to take throughout the rest of my highschool year. I can now figure out what classes involve a lot of hands-on-activities and which ones do not. I probably wouldn't enjoy going to a class such as Algebra, but maybe I would perfer going to a foods class where you can learn by mixing and practicing with the food. This also means that I can sort of eliminate some careers. Since my style is tactile I could choose a job with hands-on-experience. I though the assessment was very useful and now I can carry out the information that I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment